Last week we talked about our top five books we read last year. This year, let’s help folks break their New Year’s resolutions and talk food! Specifically:
Top Five Sit-Down Restaurants
These can be local or chains, can encompass anything from casual to fancy, and you can stretch the definition of “sit-down” if you want. The only rule is no fast food crap is allowed! Here’s mine:
1. Cinzetti’s — Wow, I can’t believe I left this one off the original list. I pretty much imagine the cafeteria in Heaven looking something akin to a Cinzetti’s dining room. This restaurant is amazing, and if you’ve never been to one you have to go. Preferably sometime when you’ve skipped lunch and are really hungry for dinner.
2. Olive Garden — Just imagining a bowl of their chicken fettucine alfredo makes my mouth water incessantly. Their alfredo sauce is the best I’ve tasted. And who doesn’t love free breadsticks, especially when they’re brushed with olive oil and that oh-so-good mixture of spices?
3. McAlister’s — Where the tasty deli goodness of tender roast beef and horseradish sauce on a grilled panini meets massively huge spuds loaded with melted cheese and a hefty portion of crumbled bacon. What could be better? Oh yeah, I know: their prices are low and kids eat free on Tuesdays!
4. Vietnamese Cafe — If you’re ever in Denver, Colorado, you have to try this local place that will never win the prize for most original name. Order the rice wraps for an appetizer and be prepared for one of the most memorable food experiences you’ll have. Then I’d recommend the sesame chicken for your entree. Delicious!
5. PF Chang’s — The only things that keep me from wanting to eat here all the time are the distance from our house (an hour and a half for the closest one) and the price. But the food is hands down the best Chinese out there!
That’s my top five. What’s yours?
UPDATED: Added Cinzetti’s as the #1 and bumped everything down a slot. Mmmmmmm…